November 01, 2018
11 FREE NAIL POLISH
11 Free Nail Polish: All The Beauty With None Of The Chemicals
Making Beauty “Green” With 11 Free Nail Polish“Beauty is pain.” One of the most famous sayings in the world, but is it true? Does beauty need to be synonymous with agony or discomfort? We don’t think so, and that’s why we produce 11 free nail polish: by removing toluene, dibutyl phthalate (DBP), formaldehyde, formaldehyde resin, camphor, and many more harmful chemicals from our formula, we created a polish that is gentle on your nail beds without sacrificing quality or durability. The simple smell of nail polish is enough to remind you how toxic its ingredients are. If you leave coats on too long, or do not give your nails a time to “breathe” in between polishes, you’ll feel and see the physical repercussions almost immediately: your suffocated nails will be brittle and crack or split with ease, and they may be yellowed and sickly-looking. By eliminating the main perpetrators of these side effects, your nails will feel and look healthier, even when you decide to forgo the polish and go natural. Don’t let your hands and feet suffer at the whim of the beauty industry; choose 11 free nail polish today.
“Green” Fingers And Toes: 11 Free Nail PolishLet’s take a closer look at what roles some of these hazardous ingredients perform in nail polish, and their associated risks.
- Formaldehyde: keeps the polish from breaking when it dries, but can cause allergic reactions.
- Formaldehyde resins: add flexibility and staying power, but can cause inflammation
- Dibutyl phthalate (DBP): a plasticizer that adds elasticity and extends polish lifespan, but is ranked number 28 on the Agency for Toxic Substances and Disease Registry’s (ATSDR) Priority List of 275 Hazardous Substances -- it has even been banned in the EU
- Toluene: ensures a smooth and blended formula, but is also added to gasoline to produce benzene (also banned in the EU)
- Camphor: prevents polish from cracking or chipping right away, but can potentially cause nausea, respiratory distress and even seizures