The summer is here, and if the routines were not really in place before, the lifestyle now might be even more spontaneous. Don’t give up though. There are simple actions you can take to improve your well being, and simple ways to stay healthy this summer. First of all, it’s important to remember that staying healthy and living a healthy lifestyle, is part of the perfect religion of Islam. Just as it should be something positive, and something you just want to do for yourself! Just because it makes you feel so good! So here we go, here follows 5 simple ways to stay healthy this summer, whether you’re at home or traveling:
- Workout in the morning after sunrise. Because, that is just amazing! There are so many benefits with working out in the morning. One is that it will give you an energy boost and strength for the rest of the day. Another is that you will ensure in shaa Allah to have your training done.
- Eat well so that you’ll feel well. So how to do that? Focus on eating half of the plate with raw or steamed vegetables and lean protein, and a little bit of complex carbs. Ditch fried foods, junk foods and other sugary snacks as foundation of your eating routines. Drink water with the meals. Eat every 3-4 hours to stay energized, and not get starving and then overeat.
- Drink at least 2 liters of water per day. Because that’s so important for our well being, fat loss and to not get cravings.
- Be prepared! The last, yet the most important: be prepared. Have snacks prepared, whether that is that you know what to buy in the local grocery stores where you are, or having natural nuts in your bag or healthy baked items in the freezer. Being prepared, with food, but also mentally will make it easier for you to gracefully handle any given situation.
- Clearly communicate your needs to your husband or family. Explain to him why this is important to you. Perhaps he or they will even join you. If you have children, ask for help so you may get some time on your own in the morning while the kids are still asleep. Communicate your food preferences as well. Be clear on what restaurants you want to go to and which not. If you’re staying with family (relatives), plan what to eat and bring in healthy foods, that you know you and your kids will feel well from eating.