Looking for a nail polish remover substitute? You've come to the right place! We totally get it, acetone-based nail polish removers work wonders on removing polish from those pretty little nails. It's just really unfortunate that acetone causes so much damage to your nails. Anyone who has used acetone has likely seen that dull, white residue left behind on your skin and nails afterwards. That's due to the product drying your skin and nails. Gross, right? What's even more concerning is that acetone can cause mild to moderate side effects. When inhaled, these side effects can include irritation of the eyes, nose and throat. Exposure for longer periods of time can even cause headaches, nausea and dizziness. Due to these negative side effects, many people are opting for safer alternatives. The good news is that there are several gentle but effective options out there. Many have been formulated without acetone or other harsh chemicals. Now is the time to trash your acetone and try out a more natural nail polish remover substitute instead. Check out a couple of our favorite options below!
Best All Around Non-Acetone Remover
786 Cosmetics Soy Nail Polish Remover
- Completely acetone-free!
- Essential almond oil provides a subtle scent that promotes healthy, moisturized nails.
- Easy Application: Apply to a cotton ball and let each nail soak for 10-20 seconds before wiping polish away.
- Gives you a hydrated, freshly manicured look!
- Bonus: All 786 Cosmetics products are Vegan, Halal, Cruelty-free and 11-free!
- Pricing: $12.99 for a 4 ounce bottle and a little dab goes a long way!
- Get it here: 786nailpolish.com
- Acetone-free towelettes are individually wrapped, making them perfect for gals who are on the go!
- Orange peel scent is fresh and lively, not overpowering like a typical remover.
- Formulated with a combination of rosemary leaf, aloe, alcohol and glycerin for easy removal without the harsh chemicals.
- One towelette will clean 10 nails per application.
- Bonus: All cote products are Cruelty-free!
- Pricing: $14 for 8 individually wrapped towelettes.
- Get it here: goop.com
Lemon and White Vinegar Solution
- Mix together 1 tablespoon of fresh lemon juice and 1 tablespoon of white vinegar.
- Soak nails in warm water for 5-10 beforehand.
- Saturate cotton ball with lemon and vinegar mixture. Soak each nail for 15-20 seconds before wiping. Repeat with each nail.
- We appreciate this natural, at home method, but be advised that this takes a bit longer than a typical remover. You'll have to be patient with this one!
- Bonus: Made with on-hand ingredients and chemical free!