Some people love to beautify their hands by applying nail paint. And different shades of colors do add to the grace of their hands. Typically, people apply nail polish in their leisure, so they can apply it properly. But sometimes this fun time can become a not so good time. They may spill the nail paint on their couch or a carpet. And it is not an easy task to remove nail polish from these surfaces, especially to get nail polish out of carpet.
Have you ever had this happen? If yes, then you may want to know the best methods to get nail paint out of carpet. To help, we have placed five best methods to remove nail polish from carpet. These methods will remove any kind of paint stain with ease. So, without wasting more time, let's find those easy solutions for you.
Try Out the Nail Polish Remover
If you have nail paint, then you may also have a non-acetone nail paint remover. You should know that this is the quickest and easiest way to remove nail paint from carpets and similar fabrics. Just read the given steps and remove the spilled nail paint:
- Take a cotton ball to soak it in the nail paint remover. You can use this cotton ball while the paint is still wet. You will need at least three cotton balls to remove it completely. Also, do not rub the carpet. Just dab the cotton ball because rubbing may destroy the texture of the carpet.
- If the stain is dry, soak the cotton ball, set it on the stain and leave it for at least 15 minutes.
Remember, if your carpet is made of acetate, triacetate, or modacrylic, then don't use acetone on it. Acetone can destroy these kinds of materials. Don't risk your carpet if you are unaware of its material.
When it Comes to Removing the Nail Paint from a Carpet, Your Hairspray Can Do Wonders!
If unfortunately, you don't have nail polish remover, then you may have a can of hairspray in your cabinet. Hairspray is also a cheap solution for cleaning carpets and removing polish stains. Before using hairspray for your solution, make sure that it has a higher ratio of alcohol because it's the main ingredient for cleaning. If your hairspray qualifies this round, then read on to find the cleaning procedure:
- Pour a bit of water on the stain to increase the moisturize. Now spritz the hairspray on the stain. Three seconds will be more than enough.
- Use a clean cloth to remove the stain. If the stain does not get removed completely, then you can spritz one more time, or until your job is done. But do not apply it excessively as it may damage the carpet.
Dry Cleaning solvent
You can use these solvents for cleaning makeup, and they are also very useful for removing stains from the carpet. You will need only two ingredients to complete the task: a teaspoon of solvent and a toothbrush.
- Apply the dry-cleaning solvent on the spilled nail paint and wait for 10 minutes.
- Now rub the stain and move the toothbrush in a circular motion. Use water to wet the brush.
- Your brush may lose some bristles, but at the end you will find your carpet good as new!
If you need more accuracy, then you can vacuum on the particular area.
Don’t Forget the Vinegar and Baking Soda
What happens if you don't have any of the above items? Then an important kitchen essential comes to the rescue: vinegar or baking soda. These two items can be found on the shelves of almost every kitchen. You can use them to remove the stain from the carpet. Here's how you can do it:
- To wet the stained area, apply vinegar on it and cover it with a paper towel. Soak the paper towel as well with vinegar before making it a cover for the stain.
- Do not remove the cover at least for 10 minutes. Scrub the stain until it vanishes away.
Baking soda can also help you to remove the spots. Sprinkle it on the carpet. After waiting for 10 minutes, scrub the paint away. To help make the carpet spotless, use warm water.
Ammonia-Based Window Cleaner
You may be surprised to see window cleaner on this list. But believe us, it does give promising results! If your window cleaner is ammonia-based, then it can remove any kind of stains for you. Just follow a couple of steps and enjoy brand new a spotless carpet.
- Spray the cleaner on the stain and blot it with cotton balls or a clean cloth. You will notice that the paint rises up as you dab on it.
- Before you work on the stain, let it dry. Make sure the stain is not wet at all when you are about to clean it.
Note that if your window cleaner is pure ammonia based that you should mix a cup of water in before cleaning the carpet.
Shop the Best Halal Nail Paints
786 Cosmetics is an iconic brand for making halal nail polishes, especially for Muslim women. We prepare nail paints with non-toxic ingredients and they are completely halal. Try our Himalayas and Meta nail polish set. These are incredibly awesome nail polishes! One is pink and the other red.
If you are interested to know more about our halal nail paints, follow our Instagram page for the latest news and updates.
Accidents are always bad, and in the world of makeup, spilling nail polish is the worst accident. You cannot imagine ruining your own beautiful carpet! We know some quick and easy methods to remove the stains from the carpet.
The above methods are some of the cheapest and easiest methods for removing nail polish from the carpet. You can use them to make your carpet as good as new.
We hope that the content of the article was helpful for you. Please leave a comment below to let us know your thoughts.
- Saba Khalil