Your makeup brushes are one of the most essential pieces in your beauty routine. Let's be honest, you probably don’t clean them as much as you are supposed to. That is okay though! Cleaning your makeup brushes is a really important thing to do! This article is going to show you the best, easiest, and affordable ways to clean your makeup brushes. If you are interested in finding out how to clean your makeup brushes just keep reading!
Why do You Need to Clean Your Makeup Brushes?When you use a makeup brush it collects things like oil, dead skin cells, dust, dirt, etc. If you don’t clean your brushes your not getting rid of those things. Not washing your brushes will clog your pores and can cause acne. When you use a dirty brush you are applying not only your foundation but oil, dead skin, dust, and dirt on your face. Another reason to wash your makeup brushes is, dirty makeup brushes will not apply foundation precisely. The old and dried up foundation stuck on your brushes cause this. The third reason to wash your makeup brushes is because dirty brushes become harsher and drier when they have caked on makeup stuck in them. This can irritate your skin. Cleaning your brushes will keep them soft so they won’t cause damage to your face. The fourth reason you should wash your makeup brushes is dirty makeup brushes are a breeding ground for bacteria. This is bad for your skin and it also is bad for your makeup products. When you use the brush you transfer the bacteria to your products and this can ruin them. The last reason you should wash your makeup brushes is that when you clean your brushes regularly you are preserving them. The more you clean the brushes the longer they will last. Here is a summary list of why you need to clean your makeup brushes:
- Prevents acne
- Better foundation application
- Keeps your brushes soft
- Gets rid of germs
- Makes your brushes last longer
You Should be Cleaning Your Brushes WeeklyRemember all the things we just talked about? They will go away if you clean your brushes thoroughly! If you wear an average amount of makeup then washing your brushes weekly is your best and safest option!
First Step-By-Step Brush Cleaning Method
- The first step is to mix two parts of dish soap to one part olive oil in a small container.
- The second step is to wet your brushes and dip them into the mixture and spin them around.
- The third step is to then take the brushes out of the mixture and rub them in your fingers to remove the dirt, old makeup, bacteria, etc.
- Once you are done cleaning the brushes, rinse them again and hang them up to dry.
Second Step-By-Step Cleaning Method
- Apply a few drops of your preferred brush shampoo into a small container and fill with warm water
- Spin your brushes in the water, remove from the water and massage the bristles in your hand to remove the dirt, bacteria, and old makeup.
- Rinse the brush with water and squeeze the water out
- Lay the brushes down flat to dry
Third Step-By-Step Cleaning Method
- Combine water, dish soap, and vinegar in a small container
- Place your brushes in the mixture and spin them a few times.
- Soak the brushes for at least five minutes. (If you have extremely dirty brushes soak them for eight-ten minutes.)
- Take the brushes out, rinse with water, and then remove the excess water.
- Lay the brushes down on a towel.